1110 - In Burgundy, Clos de Vougeot vineyard was established
The majority of the vineyard land belonging to the municipality of Vougeot is occupied by the Clos de Vougeot in the Côte de Nuits. Chambolle-Musigny, Flagey-Échezeaux, and Vosne-Romanée are Vougeot’s neighbors. It borders the Musigny and GrandsÉchezeaux vineyards on the slopes at the top of the Clos. The Clos de Vougeot is a symbol of Burgundian culture. It was established around 1110 AD by monks from the adjacent Cîteaux monastery, who continued to hold it until the French Revolution (1789).
Read More: https://thisdayinwinehistory.com/how-the-world-war-influenced-burgundy-wine-production/